We’re thrilled to be in the Saturday Telegraph today! You can read the feature here and read all about the other brilliant child bloggers – I’ll link to those in a second.
For anyone who’s come to us today via the Telegraph – welcome to our site! We hope you like it. We’d just like to clarify a few points though that were incorrect in the feature:
- Holly is actually ten not six. She was nine when we started the blog, nearly a year ago.
- At the time of being interviewed we’d had in excess of 6,000 hits in total, not per month (oh, how we could wish for that!)
- At one point I am referred to simply as ‘Pope’ – as far as I am aware I have not had a call from the Vatican. I’m Sam.
It’s a shame when these errors creep in. Holly is particularly gutted at being given a much younger age than she really is (she was very proud to turn ten last month!). She said, of being interviewed: ‘It is exciting but also disappointing as there were mistakes, and we found there were others, like Jake, who had mistakes in their interviews too.’
The other bloggers mentioned were:
- El and Jae – a mum and daughter blogging team under the name Eljae
- Jake McGowan-Lowe of Jake’s Bones – an 11-year-old bone collector (fascinating site!) who also had a mistake in his write-up regarding his collection of a golden eagle skull (not a bald eagle skull as the article suggests)
- Maelo Manning, of Libdem Child: a 13-year-old politics blogger, who has even spoken at LibDem conferences
- Six-year-old ‘Betsy Lou’ of Betsy Lou Adventures, who writes about trips she goes on, poems and her life more generally
- Tolmeia Gregory (12), of Tolly Dolly Posh Fashion who loves fashion and dedicates her site to it.
We’re clearly in distinguished company!
Anyway, we’ve got a new review to post up tomorrow but thanks for popping by!
PS this is our 150th post!