Now this: a new post for Holly’s Fun Corner! And a clue to it is in the title!
Alliteration is very fun. You can make all kinds of whacky ideas up with words.
Like ‘mushroom’. It is extremely funny as a word!
Alliteration means a group of words that all begin with the same letter. Here’s an example:
‘A mighty, mushy mushroom.’
That alliteration sentence makes sense. It is about a mushroom.
I am now about to make one up that doesn’t make sense in alliteration:
‘A Micky Mouse mitchy mushroom.’
That one did not make sense.
Sometimes I wish I could do alliteration all day. It is a fun activity that gives you the giggles.
But I want to hear some of your ideas. All you need to do is write them down and send them to us for the Alliteration Competition.
Prize: a special present from Oxford!!!
Send us a sentence with your best alliteration – it can be about anything you like and it doesn’t have to make sense, as long as it includes alliteration.
- For children aged 4 to 12.
- Please post your entry onto the Childtastic Books blog in the Comments Box.
- Include your first name and age.
- The competition is open until Friday 3 August 2012.
- We will announce the winner the following week and post the name and entry on the site.